Sue et al.,

If you haven’t already viewed them, the proceedings of the session that you mentioned below, as well as other sessions/workshops/meetings from the Fort Worth conference can be found on the ARLIS/NA website, which I think would be a good starting point.

Photographers' Self-Publishing: Contexts for Collecting Contemporary Photobooks

·         Ker-Pow! The ICP's Photobook Explosion | Deirdre Donohue

·         The Photobook in Flux | Tony White

·         Photobooks From a photo-eye Perspective | Melanie McWhorter

·         The Photobook Industry From a Photographer's Perspective | Keliy Anderson-Staley

Adam Verity’s essay might also prove helpful:

"Print/Screen: Current and Future Dissemination of the Self-Published Artist's Book." In Photography and the Artist's Book, 90-106. Edinburgh and Boston: MuseumsEtc, 2012.

Lastly, you might consider joining the Photography Librarians Special Interest Group as these folks will likely be a valuable source of current information on developing such a collection. The group convenes annually, has a blog, and maintains an active email distribution list.

My best,

Jon

Jon Evans

Chief Librarian