​
The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA), New England Chapter
invites you to join us for a virtual tour of the art library/visual
resources profession on *Monday, November 9, 7:30 pm - 8:45 pm EST*.

Whether you're an art library veteran, art library-curious, or somewhere in
between this will be an illuminating look at some of the exciting work
happening in the field. ARLIS/NA or regional chapter membership is not
required for attendance.

To register for this *free event*, please visit: http://bit.ly/1RFtEnH.
Note that the webinar meeting space will open at 7 pm EST, and the official
event start time is 7:30 pm EST.

Speakers and topics include:

*Jesi Buell, Instructional Design and Web Librarian, Colgate University*
*Information and Visual Literacy Instruction Tools*
Digital Learning Objects (DLOs) are examples of a successful Blended
Learning tool at Colgate University. These interactive, digital tutorials
allow for student learning outside the classroom which increases time in
Library sessions, put lessons in context, and encourages autodidactism.
This presentation will show examples, give advice on best practices, and
explain how the Instructional Design Librarian plans on putting together a
visual literacy DLO.

*Jasmine Burns, Image Technologies and Visual Literacy Librarian, Indiana
University Bloomington*
*Visual Resource Collection Management*
During this presentation, I will discuss my plans for a large data
migration from a homegrown institutional image repository (created by my
predecessor in the mid-1990s) into ARTstor’s SharedShelf. I will give a
background of the structure and uses of current system, map out my overall
migration plan, and share my projected timeline for the process.

*Sarah Carter, Director, Bridwell Art Library at the University of
Louisville*
*Creative Outreach and Programming*
The Bridwell Art Library connected the artistic practice of self portraits
to a wider audience by designing and implementing a social media campaign
highlighting "Shelfies in Art History." This presentation will focus on the
collaborative exhibit design and promotion that made the exhibit and social
media campaign a success with not only our patrons, but within the wider
community of Louisville.

*Lareese Hall, Architecture + Art Librarian, Massachusetts Institute of
Technology *
*Artists' Book Collections*
If you had to use just six books in your artists' book collection to
explain your collection philosophy what would you choose? This is the
premise for a video series that looks at artists' books in academic
environments and at what it means to "collect".

The presentations will be followed by some Q&A time.

If you’re never attended a webinar before or would like assistance with the
technical logistics, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Hope to see you on 11/9!

Sincerely,
*Ashley Peterson* (ARLIS/NA NE Chapter President)
*Amber Welch* (ARLIS/NA NE Chapter Secretary)
*Webinar Co-Moderators*