The ARLIS/NA Central Plains Chapter will be holding its Fall meeting in Tulsa, Oklahoma, November 5-7th.  If you are in the area and would like to attend please see the schedule and registration form below.  We would love to have you join us.

ARLIS/NA Central Plains Chapter Meeting Program, Tulsa, OK November 5-7, 2015

Thursday, November 5th
6:30 p.m.: dinner at Tom Young's house (1816 W. Archer Place), (918) 582-2528
               A soup supper (vegetarian options) will be provided, drinks will be provided, but you may BYOB.
               You are welcome to come by Tom's house any time after 5:30 p.m.

Friday, November 6th
9:00 - 9:30 a.m.: Welcome and coffee (Philbrook Downtown, 116 E. Mathew B. Brady Street, located
               between M.L. King Blvd. (or Cincinnati Avenue) and Boston Avenue (come to front entrance).

There is metered parking on the street (2 hour limits).  The closest public parking garage, Central
Parking Garage, about 3 blocks south of the museum at 115 South Cincinnati ($5.00 for up to 10           hours).

9:30 - 11:00 a.m.: Panel on the development of The Brady Arts District (www.thebradyartsdistrict.com<http://www.thebradyartsdistrict.com>)
               Participants: Kate Blalack (Woody Guthrie Center), Steve Liggett (Living Arts), and Christina
               Burke (Eugene B. Adkins Center, Philbrook Downtown)

11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Business meeting

12:00 -1:30 p.m. Lunch at Laffa (www.laffatulsa.com<http://www.laffatulsa.com>)

1:30 - 3:00 p.m. Panel on art and architecture in Oklahoma
Julie Pearson-Little Thunder "Oklahoma Native Artists Oral History Project," Thomas Young
"Oklahoma Native Artists and the New Deal," Susan Bobo "Oklahoma Built, a Bibliography,"
Amanda DeCort "The Tulsa Foundation for Architecture"

3:00 - 3:30 p.m. Travel to Gilcrease Museum

3:30 - 5:00 p.m.: Tour of Helmerich Research Center at the Gilcrease Museum, followed by a self-guided
               tour of the museum galleries if time allows.

6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.: Dinner at The Tavern (www.taverntulsa.com<http://www.taverntulsa.com>.)

7:30 - 9:00 p.m.: First Night Art Crawl in The Brady Arts District

Saturday, November 7th

9:00 a.m.: Meet for breakfast

REGISTRATION FORM

ARLIS/NA Central Plains Chapter Meeting in Tulsa, Oklahoma, November 5-7, 2015
Registration Form
Please complete and return to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by October19th

Thursday, November 5
Yes         No          I plan to attend the dinner at Tom Young's house
_________          Number in party

Friday, November 6
Yes         No          I will attend the morning session at Philbrook Downtown
Yes         No          I will have lunch at Laffa Restaurant
_________          Number in party

Yes         No          I will be driving to Tulsa
Yes         No          I am willing to drive to Gilcrease Museum from downtown
_________          Number of people for which you can provide a ride
Yes         No          I need a ride to Gilcrease Museum from downtown

Yes         No          I will attend the afternoon session at Philbrook Downtown & Gilcrease Museum
Yes         No          I will have dinner at The Tavern
_________          Number in party

Saturday, November 7
Yes         No          I would like to meet for breakfast
_________          Number in party

Registration fee for the meeting will be $10 payable on site or via PayPal at:
http://centralplains.arlisna.org/meetings.php.

Name ________________________________________

Thomas E. Young
Librarian/Asst. Registrar