My apologies! I have been informed that the links on my previous email didn’t work properly.

For your convenience, here they are:

Submit your proposals at: http://goo.gl/forms/UeUOVSF8l6.

If you have any questions regarding submission, please contact the 2016 Programming Committee at: [log in to unmask]

Thank you.

2016 AASL Conference: Call for Proposals

Deadline for submissions: Tuesday, September 15

The AASL Programming Committee is now accepting proposals for the 2016 AASL Annual Conference, which will be held in Seattle March 11-13, 2016. This conference is an exciting opportunity, as it will include programming cross-listed with the 2016 ARLIS/NA + VRA Joint Conference.

Conference programming will include lightning talks, conference papers, and tours.  Lightning talks are 6 minutes with a maximum of 12 slides; papers,15-20 minutes.

At this time, we are issuing a call for both the lightning talks and conference papers. Through a survey issued at the end of the 2015 conference, members of AASL identified important issues for the professional practice. Building upon this survey, the committee is soliciting proposals for papers and talks that address one of the following topics while tying the discussion back to the ARLIS/NA+VRA Joint Conference theme, Natural Connections.

Spaces

Renovation - Embedded Librarians – Maker Spaces –

Library as Learning Lab – Closing Branches & Sharing Resources

Architecture School Collections

Documenting Student Work – Institutional Repositories –

Born-Digital Architectural Records – Special Collections & Archives

Digital Scholarship

Digital Humanities – Student Work – Exhibits & Projects –

Digital Repositories, Asset Management, & Metadata

Outreach & Collaboration

Grants – Interdisciplinary Opportunities – Partnerships – Community Engagement

Instruction

Information Literacies – Research Assistance –

Curriculum Development & Mapping – Supporting Traveling Studios

Accreditation + Assessment

Tenure & Promotion – Alt-metrics – Measuring Impact –

Alternative Skills for Librarians

Additionally, the Programming Committee seeks proposals that celebrate Seattle’s built environment.

Proposals for either presentation format should not exceed 250 words. The submission deadline is September 15, 2015. Please use this Google Form to submit your proposals: http://goo.gl/forms/UeUOVSF8l6.

If you have any questions regarding submission, please contact the 2016 Programming Committee at: [log in to unmask]

We hope you take this unique opportunity to present at the 2016 AASL Conference. Remember, the selected proposals will be part of sessions cross-listed with the ARLIS/NA + VRA Joint Conference. We look forward to reading your proposals and seeing you at the conference!

Sincerely,

The 2016 AASL Conference Programming Committee

Jessica Aberle

Beth Dodd

Mar González Palacios, Conference Chair

Katie Pierce Meyer

The 2016 AASL Conference: Call for Proposals is also available on our website:

http://architecturelibrarians.org/

- - -

Mar González Palacios

Chef, Accès à la Collection

Head, Collection Access

Centre Canadien d’Architecture

Canadian Centre for Architecture

1920, rue Baile, Montréal, Québec  H3H 2S6

T 514 939 7001 x 2518

F 514 939 7020

www.cca.qc.ca

Pensez à l’environnement avant d’imprimer ce message

Ce courriel peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels. Si vous n’êtes
pas le destinataire prévu, veuillez nous en aviser immédiatement. Merci
également de supprimer le présent courriel et d’en détruire toute copie.

This email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please advise us immediately and delete this email as well
as any other copy.
Thank you.