I am happy to announce that the Univ. of Kansas Libraries have hired Andrea (Andi) Back as the Fine Arts & Humanities Librarian. Andi has been the Library Manager in the Murphy Art & Architecture Library since 2012. She has a BFA in Printmaking and a Masters in Library Science, both from Wisconsin schools, and is pursuing a Masters in Art History at KU. In her new position, which will begin September 14, Andi will serve as the Content Development Librarian for the Visual Art, History of Art, Architecture, Urban Planning, and Design Departments. She will also provide reference support and library instruction for these areas and will participate in various library initiatives that benefit other humanities areas as well. Besides her contributions to library committees and service opportunities at KU, Andi is an active member of the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) and currently serves as the Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect of the Central Plains Chapter of ARLIS/NA. I feel very fortunate to have the development of the library collections and research assistance in such capable, well-qualified hands. Please join me in welcoming Andi ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) to this new position.

Susan Craig

Art & Architecture Librarian Emeritus

Univ. of Kansas