Posted on behalf of Gail Truman and Andrea Goethals:

Dear ARLIS/NA members,

We want to let you know about a project at Harvard Library to conduct a web archiving environmental scan. It is meant to develop a landscape view of current and emerging issues, trends and needs in:

So that the scan reflects a broad view of practices, needs and trends, information is being solicited from institutions, groups and individuals in the US and worldwide who:

The project started last month and will run through the end of this December. We are gathering this information to help us with long-range planning for our web archiving program but are making the results public in the hopes that it is useful for other web archiving programs and to help shape research and development priorities more broadly.

We hope that many of you will provide input for the scan. Gail Truman from Truman Technologies is the lead on the project and will be looking for opportunities to talk with those of you who will be present at upcoming conferences (iPRES 2015Web Archives 2015DLF) or virtually (Skype, etc.). If you are interested in meeting with Gail to contribute information please contact her directly (see below).

We’ve created a wiki where we will share information and progress throughout the project. Please visit it at https://wiki.harvard.edu/confluence/display/libwaenvscan/Web+Archiving+Environmental+Scan+Home. If you would like to contribute to the wiki directly, follow the instructions on the front page to get an account that will allow you to comment and edit.

Many thanks for your participation,

Gail Truman

Truman Technologies, LLC

[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

(510) 502-6497

Andrea Goethals

Digital Preservation and Repository Services Manager

Harvard Library

(617) 495-3724

and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.