Dear Solo Art Information Professionals:

I am happy to announce that the ARLIS/NA Executive Board has officially approved the reinstatement of the Solo Art Information Professionals Special Interest Group!   At present, at least 24 members have expressed interest in the SIG.

I am also thrilled to tell you that three (count 'em, three) solo architecture and design school librarians from the San Diego area have agreed to take over as co-coordinators of the new SIG.  Here are their names and email addresses:

·         Lucy Campbell ([log in to unmask]), Librarian, The New School of Architecture and Design, San Diego

·         Cathryn Copper ([log in to unmask]), Librarian, Woodbury University School of Architecture, San Diego

·         Lisa Schattman ([log in to unmask]), Librarian, The Design Institute of San Diego

We look forward to having a place on the Seattle conference schedule and a room in which to gather, introduce ourselves to one another, and begin to have discussions concerning the joys and challenges of flying solo.  These discussions, which hopefully will continue online, can remain informal or—at future conferences—develop into lively sessions of interest to a broader audience.  After all, solo librarians do it all!!  We also welcome VRA and AASL members to the Seattle meeting.

Watch ARLIS-L for further news and information from Lucy, Cathryn, and Lisa.  For the time being, you can email me to be added to a contact list we have started; I will be forwarding the list and additional names to our new co-coordinators before the end of the year.

Looking forward to seeing you in Seattle!

Joan M. Benedetti (Ret. Solo Librarian)