Dear ARLIS Colleagues:  I'm forwarding Ms. Perricone's request for expertise.
Best,
Courtenay

Courtenay McLeland
Head, Digital Projects & Preservation
Curator, Library Art Collection
Thomas G. Carpenter Library
University of North Florida
(904) 620-5550

My name is Lillian Perricone and I am a cataloger at the Bienes Museum of the Modern Book in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

I am cataloging two paintings created by Paul R. Meltsner (1905 - 1966).  Like many other American artists of his generation, he participated in the Federal Arts Project of the 1930s.  Meltsner was commissioned by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts to paint the mural, Ohio, for the U.S. Post Office in Bellevue, Ohio.

I have created some records using RDA / MARC in OCLC Connexion Client  that I would like to show and discuss.  If possible, I would like to speak to an art cataloger who handles original artwork.

My email is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[BCLogo300DpiRGB.jpg]

Lillian Perricone, Reference Librarian / Rare Book Cataloger
Broward County Main Library, 6th floor
Bienes Museum of the Modern Book
100 S. Andrews Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Tel:  954-357-8243

www.broward.org/Library/Bienes/Pages/Default.aspx<http://www.broward.org/Library/Bienes/Pages/Default.aspx>

Under Florida law, most e-mail messages to or from Broward County employees or officials are public records, available to any person upon request, absent an exemption. Therefore, any e-mail message to or from the County, inclusive of e-mail addresses contained therein, may be subject to public disclosure.