CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: _TAP REVIEW_ SPRING 2016

The spring 2016 issue of the _Trans Asia Photography Review_ will be
open to all topics, so that the editors can become aware of, and
publish, new work that might not fit a specific theme. We welcome
proposals relating in any way to historical or contemporary photography
in or from Asia. We are also taking this opportunity to broaden our base
in two ways. For the first time, we invite artists to submit their
photo-based work directly (see guidelines below). And we are expanding
our geographic base beyond Northeast, Southeast, and South Asia to
include Central Asia and West Asia.

Please use the following formats to submit proposals:

_ARTICLE _(length open). Your proposal should contain an abstract and
the author's CV, sent to [log in to unmask]

_CURATORIAL PROJECT_ (12-20 images with introductory text). Your
proposal should contain up to 10 thumbnail images in a pdf file, not to
exceed 50 MB in total. Please send your images to [log in to unmask]
via www.wetransfer.com or a similar service. Images should be
accompanied by a brief introduction and your CV; these may be included
in the pdf or sent separately via email.

_ARTIST’S PROPOSAL. _Use the format for a curatorial project (above): 10
images in a pdf, a brief introductory text (required), and the artist's
CV. Please send images via an image-transfer service.

_TRANSLATION_ (from an Asian language into English) of historical or
contemporary articles about photography. Your proposal should contain
information about the work to be translated and the translator's CV.

_INTERVIEW__._ Your proposal should contain background information about
the interviewee and the interviewer's CV.

_BOOK/EXHIBITION REVIEW_. Your proposal should contain the title of the
book or exhibition and the reviewer's CV. (_Note_: An exhibition being
reviewed must have a catalogue.) Send your proposal to Reviews and
Resources Editor Raymond Lum at [log in to unmask]

Authors are responsible for obtaining picture permissions; forms for
these are available on the _TAP Review _website.

Proposal deadline is SEPTEMBER 1, 2015. Proposals will undergo a
preliminary review and you will get a response by SEPTEMBER 30, 2015.

We must then receive completed projects (based on accepted proposals) by
DECEMBER 1, 2015; full peer reviews will take place after that.

Questions? Contact [log in to unmask]

Sandra Matthews
Associate Professor of Film and Photography
Hampshire College
Amherst, MA 01002, USA
Editor, Trans-Asia Photography Review
tapreview.org