Dear ARLIS colleagues,

We are pleased to share the exciting news with you that our yearlong information literacy collaboration with lynda.com has produced a marvelous one hour and forty-eight minute course which went live last week.

For those of you with lynda.com access, you can review the course today (search for Information Literacy and it will pop right up).  For those of you who do not have access to lynda.com, you can still see some free preview portions of the tutorial which are unlocked on the lynda.com site, or you can also activate a free trial.

We hope you will find ways to integrate this tutorial into your instructional programs at your respective colleges, and please share news of this course with your library staff, students and faculty. Our task force was committed to carrying an art and design theme throughout the course to make sure it was particularly relevant to art school students, even though the tutorial will reach a much wider audience.

Members of the task force:

Elsa Loftis, Oregon College of Art and Craft (and the lovely face of AICAD in the lynda course!)

Sue Maberry, Otis College of Art and Design

Lauren MacDonald, formerly CCA but now at San Francisco Art Institute

Jennifer Martinez Wormser, Laguna College of Art + Design

Tony White, formerly MICA but now at Metropolitan Museum of Art

Sue Maberry

Director of Library and Instructional Technology

Otis College of Art and Design

Millard Sheets Library

9045 Lincoln Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90045

310 665-6925

I always think art is a tool to set up new questions, to create a basic structure which can be open to possibilities” -Ai Weiwei