Hello All,
A follow up to the email about getting art into libraries: My research student has decided to focus on artist in residence programs. She has come up with a list of questions (below). If any of you has experience implementing or running an artist in residence program in your institution (library, museum, archive, school, etc), and wouldn't mind spending a few minutes with the questions below, we would really appreciate it. She has separate questions if you are/have been an artist in an artist-in-residence program, which I am happy to send out to individuals who want them.

If you would rather talk by phone, please let me know, she is happy to do phone interviews as well.

Please response off list.

Thanks!
Sara

Questions:
1. Please provide a brief overview of the program:
2. What were the original goals of the program? Did those goals change during/after the program?
3. How long was the program?
4. How did you find an artist(s) to participate?
5. What was the artist responsible for (creating certain art, hosting events/workshops)?
6. How was the program funded?
7. How did you decide how much to compensate the artist? Was there a separate materials budget?
8. What were some of the challenges of the program?
9. What were the benefits of the program?
10. Would you do the program again? If so, what would you do differently?
11. Is there anything else you would like to add?

Sara DeWaay | Arts and Architecture Librarian
University of North Carolina, Charlotte
J. Murrey Atkins Library | Room 128E Atkins
Hight Architectural Library | Room 200E Storrs
9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte, NC 28223
Phone: 704-687-0461 | Fax: 704-687-0891