Dear colleagues,

A member of our visitor experience team is trying to track down the five essays, titled “Five on Five”, that appeared in the May 1973 issue of Architectural Forum, pages 46-57. It was written as a response to the 1975 book Five Architects: Eisenman, Graves, Gwathmey, Hejduk, Meier.

I can’t seem to find a digital copy of “Five on Five” in any of our databases. Does anyone on the list have a copy that could be emailed to us? Here is the complete citation from Rosemarie Haag Bletter’s 1979 review in the Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians.

"Five on Five": Robert Stem, "Stompin' at the Savoye"; Jaquelin Robertson, "Machines in the Garden"; Charles Moore, "In Similar States of Undress"; Allan Greenberg, “The Lurking American Legacy"; and Romaldo Giurgola, "The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie”; Architectural Forum, cxxxvii, May 1973, 46-57.

Thank you for your help!

-Tessa

Tessa Brawley-Barker
Assistant Librarian