Do you have an interesting, effective activity that you engage new users with? If so, consider joining me in my session proposal for the ARLIS/NA and VRA Conference in Seattle! The working title of the session is "Charmed, I'm Sure:  Introducing New Users to Libraries, Archives, and Visual Resources Collections."

Our interactions with new users are important opportunities to demonstrate the value of our collections and services and build the user base. This session will explore the creative ways librarians, archivists, and visual resources curators are introducing new users to the resources in art and design collections.  The new users might be new students or graduate assistants, new curators or faculty members, or visiting researchers. The introductions could be in the form of events, games, presentations, or activities.

Interested in participating? Send me a brief description of your proposed presentation content along with your name, institution, and contact information by Monday, June 22. Ideally, I would like to find 2-3 speakers to present case studies in a 60 minute session.

Best,
Amy
Amy Trendler
University Libraries...A destination for research, learning, and friends
Architecture Librarian
Ball State University       765-285-5858
Muncie, IN 47306         [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The University Libraries provide services that
support student pursuits for academic success
and faculty endeavors for knowledge creation
and classroom instruction.

http://www.bsu.edu/library