Our library has recently been evaluating how we process and preserve our rare collection, and we’d like to hear how other libraries handle similar situations. If your library maintains rare or special collections, how do you track and visibly identify those materials? I’d appreciate information specifically relating to RFID tags, call numbers, bookplates, barcodes, etc. Do you attach these things to rare materials directly, tip them in, or something else entirely?

Thanks for your help!

Anne

Anne Trenholme
Art Bibliographer - Western Languages