Everyone,

Issue #1 of the International Journal for Digital Art History is now available online.

John

John J. Taormina
Director, Visual Media Center and
Coordinator, Communications & Publications
Dept. of Art, Art History & Visual Studies
Duke University
Box 90766, Durham NC 27708

Ph: 919-684-2501
http://aahvs.duke.edu/

Notification on new issues.
View this email in your browser<http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=18daf045827520344ffd10a2a&id=4af498dadd&e=3b033bc433>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/18daf045827520344ffd10a2a/images/d0ebdbb2-27d1-4f8b-a114-b08e37d62a5b.jpg]

New Issue out
Issue #1 of the International Journal for Digital Art History is online!

We are proud to announce that the first issue of the International Journal for Digital Art History (DAH-Journal) is now available online.
Please click here: http://dah-journal.org/current.html<http://dah-journal.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=18daf045827520344ffd10a2a&id=342de12611&e=3b033bc433>
For the table of contents see below.

DAH-Journal is a platform for projects and ideas, for networking, expanding knowledge and pushing forward our discipline, art history. Beginning in the first issue by examining the fundamental question “What is Digital Art History?”, we will dig into its history and present some intriguing results.
We would like to invite everyone to actively participate in the discourse on the future of art history as readers and authors. Thus we would like to draw your attention to the Call for Manuscripts “Visualizing Big Image Data” for the second issue (deadline August, 15), which you can find on page 131 in the current issue as well as on our website: http://dah-journal.org/call.html<http://dah-journal.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=18daf045827520344ffd10a2a&id=8343e5e87f&e=3b033bc433>
Please, spread the word!

We would like to thank those people and institutions who have supported us thus far: our advisory board members, the reviewers, the Technical University of Munich (TUM) and the Ludwig Maximilian University (LMU), and of course the authors.

Kind regards,
Harald Klinke, Liska Surkemper
(Editors)

Advisory Board
Prof. Dr. Günther Görz, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
Dr. Anna Bentkowska-Kafel, King’s College London, UK
Prof. Dr. Hubertus Kohle, Ludwig Maximilian University, Germany
Dr. Maximilian Schich, University of Texas, USA

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/18daf045827520344ffd10a2a/images/d7de4f7a-b728-4171-a94e-94fe798fb8a6.jpg]
Contents

Editorial
Harald Klinke, Liska Surkemper

Data Science and Digital Art History
Lev Manovich

Forgotten Genealogies: Brief Reflections on the History of Digital Art History
Benjamin Zweig

Debating Digital Art History
Anna Bentkowska-Kafel

Reframing Art History
Elli Doulkaridou

On Applying Signal Processing to Computational Art History: an Interview
Park Doing, C. Richard Johnson, Jr.

Distant Viewing in Art History. A Case Study of Artistic Productivity
K. Bender

A Quantitative Approach to Beauty. Perceived Attractiveness of Human Faces in World Painting
Javier de la Rosa, Juan-Luis Suárez

Call for Manuscripts #2

[Twitter]<http://dah-journal.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=18daf045827520344ffd10a2a&id=3025c795dc&e=3b033bc433>
Twitter<http://dah-journal.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=18daf045827520344ffd10a2a&id=5df97b3b4a&e=3b033bc433>
[Website]<http://dah-journal.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=18daf045827520344ffd10a2a&id=db2cbec0da&e=3b033bc433>
Website<http://dah-journal.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=18daf045827520344ffd10a2a&id=1015b2f641&e=3b033bc433>

Copyright © 2015 International Journal for Digital Art History, All rights reserved.
Your are receiving this email because you opted in at our website for receiving information on new issues of the "International Journal of Digital Art History".

Our mailing address is:
International Journal for Digital Art History
Institut für Kunstgeschichte
Zentnerstr. 31
Munich 80798
Germany