Dear ARLIS/NA Community,

I trust you returned from the Ft. Worth conference in March invigorated and inspired by the content, friendships – new and renewed – and conference as a whole. It is an exciting time for our Society with the upcoming March 2016, Seattle joint VRA-ARLIS/NA conference planning well underway. New to this conference is a Digital Humanities THATCamp being organized as a preconference event and the previously announced Association of Architecture School Librarians (AASL) conference overlap with our meeting. Continued planning for another Leadership Institute is in the works as well. We are also gearing up for the 2017 conference in New Orleans.

The Executive Board has been continuing to meet monthly, and the following are some updates to and announcements about our activities:

·         CAA Code Response

On June 18, 2015, we endorsed the response to the CAA Code prepared for the society by the Public Policy Committee. Press releases from both organizations are forthcoming. We also commended the committee for the excellent work that they did. For the full response see: http://www.arlisna.org/images/committees/pubpol/ARLISNA_Code_of_Best_Practices_Response.pdf

·         Chapter Insurance

We are pleased to announce that as of June 1, 2015, all 17 ARLIS/NA Chapters are now covered by the ARLIS/NA general liability insurance.

·         Bylaws Vote; Editorial Director; and Policy Manual

The May 2015 bylaws vote passed 287 to 4, with 6 abstentions, and the updated Policy Manual is now online.

Following this, I am pleased to announce that Carol Graney is the Editorial Director of ARLIS/NA. I would also like to thank Carol for filling in as the CPC (now Editorial Board) liaison to the board until such time that the bylaws were passed.

·         Documentation Committee

A Documentation Committee is being formed to work with the Executive Board to edit and update the administrative documents, policies, and procedures of the society, implement an oral history program, and to develop and oversee an electronic records management program.

We encourage and hope that many of our retiree members will work with this new committee and even before this time, to help us fill in any missing information regarding society service in the Policy Manual.

·         Code of Conduct

A Code of Conduct statement is being developed to govern and guide all of our society’s activities.

This is just a brief overview of the board’s activities, and I would like to thank the board for their continued dedication and commitment to the society. We look forward to continuing to serve you and to further the mission of the organization and our profession.

Sincerely,

Kristen2.jpg

Kristen Regina
Arcadia Director of the Library and Archives

t 215-684-7651

f 215-236-0534

Philadelphia Museum of Art
PO Box 7646, Philadelphia, PA 19101-7646

www.philamuseum.org

---

President, ARLIS/NA