Hello fellow ARLISians,

I am writing to share my ongoing, submission-based project called Crying in Museums, as I thought that this might be the perfect group to solicit stories from. Crying in Museums collects first-person stories that describe being moved deeply, in public, by a work or works of art. It is an exploration of what we subjectively find powerful in works of art, with equal measures of curiosity, irreverence and empathy.

If you have a story to share, or know someone that might, please send it to

The project is on Tumblr at arttears.tumblr.com.

Thanks,
Mia

Mia D'Avanza
Reference Librarian/Exhibitions Coordinator

The LuEsther T. Mertz Library

The New York Botanical Garden

2900 Southern Boulevard

Bronx, NY 10458-5126