Joan and Jeanne,

Joan, Your plate is certainly very full-and to wonderful purpose.

Jeanne, am I correct that what you are proposing is more of a social event than a bona fide session? If so, I'm wondering whether we might be able to slip this in somewhat later and include the VRA (and AASL) colleagues as well.  Unfortunately, I cannot do anything this week. We just returned from 2 months traveling, and I have an appointment with an eye surgeon tomorrow in NYC. Next week I should have a little more time to think about this. Furthermore, Elaine Paul who is the president of VRA wants to figure out a way of honoring recent retirees. I'll let you know what transpires and will see if this idea might gain some support there.

More next week. Margaret

From: Joan Benedetti <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 4:45 PM
To: Margaret Webster <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, 'Jeanne Brown' <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Cc: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: RE: [ARLIS-L] In SF: Inviting you to an Artmaking Party Friday eve

Hi Margaret and Jeanne:

If you or anyone else wants to submit a proposal for a session or a workshop or? for Seattle, please go ahead and do so.  (This Friday is the deadline.)  I have only promised to ask for a room for a discussion group (and possible formation of a Retired Members SIG) and I'm afraid I don't have time or energy to do anything else between now and next March.  I am also organizing a discussion meeting for solo librarians (and possible re-formation of a Solo Librarians SIG)-and that's all the ARLIS activity I can fit on my plate for now.  I'm glad to know you are thinking more creatively!

Joan