Hello Susan,

Google also hosts a Life magazine archive, http://images.google.com/hosted/life but as far as I can tell the searching is difficult.  Henry Grossman returns images that do not seem to have his name anywhere in the limited amount of metadata that is attached.  Maybe someone affiliated with this Google hosted collection can offer some search tips.

Good luck,
Janis

Date:    Mon, 22 Jun 2015 11:13:07 -0400
From:    Susan Davi <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Henry Grossman - Life [magazine] photographs

I have an art conservation student who is going to be working with
rehousing, etc. Henry Grossman's negatives. She is trying to identify
which photographs by Grossman were published in Life [magazine].  Mr.
Grossman did not keep records of this type.

I've found that the Life photo archives are now part of Getty Images
(http://www.gettyimages.com/search/2/image?family=editorial&amp;brand=tlpe).
At that site, I can also see that there is a field for creator (By:).  I
do not see a way that I can search that field.  I do see that Getty
Images would probably do this for a fee.

I'm wondering who owns the archives of Life, where these are housed.
etc.  Is there someone I can refer this student to who can help with this?

Please reply off list.  Thanks.
Susan

--
Susan A. Davi
Head, Collection Management & Licensed Electronic Content

http://images.google.com/hosted/life
Janis L. DesMarais, MA, MS
Visual Resources Coordinator
College of the Holy Cross