Dear Solo Librarian and Retired Librarian Colleagues:

After getting the wonderfully thorough and stimulating instructions from Denise Hattwig earlier today about how to submit program proposals for the Seattle conference, I thought I’d better post an update re the two threads I inserted myself into a few weeks ago.  I offered to submit proposals for discussion groups in Seattle for two different groups of ARLIS members: Solo Librarians and Retirees.  There has been a good response concerning both groups.  As of today, I have a list of 20 members who are interested in forming a Retirees group and 17 who would like to see a Solo Librarians SIG started.  And several people in each group have said that they would be willing to help organize the groups.  (Yay!)  So—I just wanted you—and Denise—to know that I will be submitting proposals for these two discussion groups.  Whether or not this results in the formation of actual SIGs will depend on future exchanges and the discussions we will have in Seattle.  I will develop group emails for each of these groups and will be getting back to those who have contacted me with updates within a month or so.  And I will, of course, be submitting those proposals.  In the meantime, if anyone else who has not yet contacted me would like to be added to either list, please let me know!  And if you have an idea for an actual conference session involving issues related to either solo librarians or retirees, I say: go for it!  I would be interested to know you are doing that, but I can only be responsible for facilitating the above-mentioned discussion groups.  Thanks to all who have shown such enthusiasm for these topics.  I will be back in touch!

Best wishes,

Joan