I have an art conservation student who is going to be working with
rehousing, etc. Henry Grossman's negatives. She is trying to identify
which photographs by Grossman were published in Life [magazine].  Mr.
Grossman did not keep records of this type.

I've found that the Life photo archives are now part of Getty Images
(http://www.gettyimages.com/search/2/image?family=editorial&brand=tlpe).
At that site, I can also see that there is a field for creator (By:).  I
do not see a way that I can search that field.  I do see that Getty
Images would probably do this for a fee.

I'm wondering who owns the archives of Life, where these are housed.
etc.  Is there someone I can refer this student to who can help with this?

Please reply off list.  Thanks.
Susan

--
Susan A. Davi
Head, Collection Management & Licensed Electronic Content