arlisneChatLogoNewBlue

Tonight! Join ARLIS/NA New England for a lively Twitter Chat, May 26th, from 7-8 p.m. EST.

Interested in discussing trends in Art Librarianship? Want to discuss things you've read about in Art Documentation? Follow along and participate with #arlisnechat!

ARLIS/NA New England Twitter chats will begin this May, and all art information professionals, students, and retirees are encouraged to participate! Modeled after various successful librarian run Twitter chats (#critlib#medlibs#libchat#slatalk) our discussion will be organized as an hour long question and answer session. Feel free to tweet at the moderators off hashtag or through direct message if you have questions before, during, or after the chat. This Twitter chat will be the first ever hosted by ARLIS/NA New England – watch for more Twitter chats throughout the year!

Details: For our first #arlisnechat, we'll be talking with Hillary Webb and Ken Laing from the Emily Carr University of Art and Design Library about social media in art and design libraries and museums. We'll all discuss their recent article Engaging with Social Media: The Emily Carr University of Art and Design Library Experience from the Spring 2015 issue of Art Documentation. In addition to the print copy that you have likely received by now, this article is available to ARLIS/NA members and JStor subscribers.

More info: Check out the #arlisnechat webpage!

Let us help you get started with Twitter and convince you that it's useful: We've made a page for that, too!

We hope to see you in the twitterverse tonight!

Sincerely,
Emily Una Weirich
Twitter: @emilyuna_
ARLIS/NA New England Chapter, Treasurer
Access Services Coordinator
Harvard Fine Arts Library
1805 Cambridge St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 495-3374

and

Kate Thornhill, MLIS
Twitter: @kate_thornhill
ARLIS/NA New England Chapter, Vice Chair
Research and Instruction Librarian for Digital Scholarship

John and Carol Moriarty Library

1801 Massachusetts Avenue

Cambridge, MA 02138