Dear ARLISians,

For those with an interest in self-taught/outsider art who will be in the New York City area Friday, May 29, and Saturday, May 30, I invite you to a retrospective of the art of Sam Steinberg (1896-1982), who sold candy bars and his paintings on the campus of Columbia University from the 1960s until 1982. This is the first exhibition of his work in 33 years.

This is a project of the Columbia College Class of 1975, whose organizers have tracked down some 150 works by Sam, about 68 of which will be on display for two days only.

Place: Broadway Room of Lerner Hall, Columbia University

Time: 9 to 5 on Friday, May 29, and on Saturday, May 30.

For more information, please email me or click on the link to my 1996 article in Folk Art magazine:

http://issuu.com/american_folk_art_museum/docs/folkart_21_2_sum1996/42

Craig Bunch

Assistant Librarian

McNay Art Museum Library

210-805-1727 (voice)

210-824-0218 (fax)

SUMMER 2015 EXHIBITIONS

Recycled, Repurposed, Reborn: Collage and Assemblage
June 10 | September 6, 2015
Lesley Dill: Performance as Art
June 10 | September 6, 2015
Viva Zapata