Hello Arlisians,
We received a phone call at our reference desk this afternoon from a scholar translating a French encyclopedia dealing with carpentry into English.

He is looking for a French to English dictionary that would include technical terms such as franchissement. The Pocket Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary translates this to "crossing," but this is of course a literal translation and doesn't express the technical term in English.

Are any of you aware of a resource that could help him with his task?

Best wishes,

Jamie
-----
Jamie Lausch Vander Broek