***apologies for cross-posting***

Hello everyone,

I am writing in regard to the VRA Foundation Internship Award in visual resources and image management. This year the Kress Foundation has funded a third internship award, which will support a 200-hour internship in an archive, library, museum, visual resources collection, or other appropriate setting during the 2015-2016 academic year. The award provides $3,000 to support the intern’s work, and also provides the intern with $1,000 in professional development funds, to be used for conference attendance or specialized training (such as the VRA annual conference and/or Summer Educational Institute). In order to be eligible for the internship, the student must have completed at least ten credits of graduate coursework in Library/Information Science, Art History, Architecture or Architectural History, Visual or Studio Art, Museum Studies, or other applicable fields of study. If you and your institution are interested in hosting a student during the Fall, Winter, or Spring of the 2015-2016 academic year, please email me the following information.

Institution name:

Contact person:

Address:

Telephone:

Email:

Brief description of internship:

With this information, a list of potential internship sites will be added to the VREPS (Visual Resources Emerging Professionals and Students) website to help student applicants find an internship in their geographical area. In order to post this list in a timely manner, we need host site information as soon as possible (i.e. by May 28). We are delighted that the VRA Foundation was able to renew its internship award this year and hope that you will consider being a host site for this wonderful opportunity to students just starting out in the fields of visual resources and image management. As last year's award recipient, I can attest to the great professional and educational benefit of the VRA Foundation Internship. More information about the internship can be found here: http://vrafoundation.org.s119319.gridserver.com/index.php/grants/internship_award/

Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

Best,

Gabriella Karl-Johnson

2014-2015 VRAF Internship Award Recipient
VRAF Internship Award Committee

--
Gabriella Karl-Johnson