Hello all,

Please excuse me, while I tap into the collective wisdom/experience.

I was wondering whether anyone has had experience as /or utilising library consultants? Specifically, I’d like to know what role the consultants played and the approximate costings of the consultancy service?

To provide a bit of background, I’ve recently implemented an ILS and amalgamated discovery platform for the library and archive collections; and established a majority of the workflows. I’ve essentially built the library from the bottom up! I will be leaving my employment in the summer to start an MS in Museums and Digital Culture at the Pratt. My employer is reluctant to let me go and has suggested a consultancy role. With the prospect of being a full-time student again, this may be an excellent way to keep my foot within the profession whilst I studied.

I appreciate library consultancy isn’t terribly common but, I’d love to hear of any insight or experience you’ve had with library consultancy.

Many thanks!

Best,

Leah

Leah McGowan

Catalogue Project Manager

Royal Automobile Club, 89-91 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5HS

Tel: +44 (0)20 7747 3350

Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: www.royalautomobileclub.co.uk

The Royal Automobile Club Limited is registered in England under Company Registration Number 03570702. Registered address: 89-91 Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5HS. VAT Registration No.: GB 340 1670 92.