Good afternoon colleagues,

All this week we featured testimonials from SEI graduates. In our last
installment, we feature Nicole Finzer, one of this year's fabulous SEI
instructors <http://seiworkshop.org/curriculum/instructors-2/>.

Nicole attended SEI in 2005 and is currently the Visual Resources Librarian
at Northwestern University. Here's what Nicole has to say about her SEI
experience:

*"I attended SEI as a student in 2005 and ten years later I am an
instructor. I think that speaks volumes about the program. Back then
Digital Preservation was not part of the curriculum. Today it is the
foundation of so much of what we do. I have thoroughly enjoyed being
involved with the evolution of our field and look forward to sharing my
experiences with students."*

*Who do you know that might enjoy SEI 2015? Help us spread the word about
SEI by forwarding this email to a colleague that would benefit from
attending this year’s workshop.*

In its twelfth year as a joint program between the Art Libraries Society of
North America (ARLIS/NA) and the Visual Resources Association Foundation
(VRAF), the Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources and Image
Management is an intensive workshop featuring a continually updated
curriculum that specifically addresses the requirements of today's
information professional. Expert instructors will cover the following
topics:

   - Intellectual property rights
   - The digital life cycle (developing, managing, and delivering digital
   collections)
   - Metadata and cataloging
   - Digital preservation
   - Uses of images in the digital humanities

SEI 2015 will be held at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign
from June 9-12. More information about the workshop, including registration
instructions, can be found on our website:http://seiworkshop.org/. *To
reserve your place, please register by the end of April.*

Please feel free to contact the SEI co-chairs, Meghan Musolff (
[log in to unmask]) or Greta Bahnemann ([log in to unmask]) with any
questions.

--
Meghan Musolff
Special Projects Librarian for Library IT