The ARLIS/NA Central Plains chapter will be holding its annual spring meeting in Lawrence, KS from June 4-6th.  If you will be in the area and would like to attend please see the schedule and registration form below.  We would love to have you join us.

Best,

Andi Back
Library Manager
Art and Architecture Library
University of Kansas

ARLIS-CP Chapter Meeting in Lawrence, KS June 4-6, 2015

Thursday June 4th:
-6:30pm: dinner at Susan Craig's house (1717 Indiana St) (785) 843-8146
                A Mexican buffet will be provided by local members but you are welcome to BYOB.  If in town earlier, feel free to go to Susan's house anytime from 5pm on.  Vegetarian options will be provided.
Friday June 5th:
-9am: welcome and coffee (Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vermont St.-meeting room A)
Public parking garage next to the library-park on the top level for free or pay $1 for 10 hours
-9:30am: panel on Community Arts Engagement with arts leaders
                Participants: Brad Allen (Lawrence Public Library), Racheal Perry (Lawrence Inside Out Project), Margaret Weisbrod Morris (Lawrence Arts Center)
                For a short video on the Inside Out Project visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9NWiI-6jcg&noredirect=1
-11am: tour of the recently renovated Lawrence Public Library
-11:30am: business meeting
-1pm: walk 1 block to the Eldridge Hotel for luncheon at TEN Restaurant (701 Massachusetts St.)
http://eldridgehotel.com/dining-service/ten/
-2:30pm: return to the public library for a panel on Justifying the Existence of Art Libraries and Their Staff
                Participants: Kay Logan-Peters (University of Nebraska-Lincoln), Catherine Peterson (Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art), and Marilyn Carbonell (Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art)
-4pm: complete afternoon panel
-6:30pm: dinner at Mariscos (4821 W. 6th St.) http://www.mariscosonline.com/
Saturday June 6th:

Visit the Downtown Farmer's Market and/or meet for breakfast.  We can also provide a list of local sites and shops.
Hotels:
-There is a new Marriott Hotel in downtown Lawrence (Towne Plaza Suites).  It is an extended stay hotel, but they will take reservations for single night stays.  900 New Hampshire St. (785) 842-8800 http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/foets-towneplace-suites-lawrence-downtown/
-The Eldridge Hotel is one block from the Lawrence Public Library and also where we will be eating lunch on Friday.
701 Massachusetts St. (785) 749-5011 http://eldridgehotel.com/
-Halcyon House Bed and Breakfast is also close to downtown 1000 Ohio St. (785) 841-0314 http://thehalcyonhouse.com/
-Additional hotel suggestions can be found on the Lawrence Convention & Visitor's website http://www.visitlawrence.com/
Questions/Comments:
Please contact Andi Back ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Susan Craig ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

ARLIS-CP Chapter Meeting in Lawrence, KS June 4-6, 2015
Registration Form
Please complete and return to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  by May 18th

Thursday, June 4
Yes         No          I plan to attend the dinner at Susan Craig's house
_________        Number in party

Friday, June 5
Yes         No          I will attend the morning session at the Lawrence Public Library
Yes         No          I will have lunch at TEN Restaurant
________           Number in party
Yes         No          I will attend the afternoon session at the Lawrence Public Library
Yes         No          I will have dinner at Marico's
________           Number in party

Saturday, June 6
Yes         No          I would like to meet for breakfast
Yes         No          I would like to meet at the Farmer's Market
________           Number in party

Registration fee for the meeting will be $10 payable on site or via PayPal at:
http://centralplains.arlisna.org/meetings.php