Hello ARLIS!

My name is Calley Morrison and I am a current MLIS student at the University of Washington. I am undertaking some research regarding researchers’ access to exhibitions / exhibition histories / exhibition information.

I am looking at the exhibition as a resource in the field of art and art history, and wondering: Do researchers have adequate enough access to it? I'm examining the format of the exhibition catalog, but I also curious about all of those exhibitions that might not have had a catalog published or might not be featured on a museum website.

I'm speaking with a few researchers to gain insight into their individual research practices to understand the role of the exhibition in their research and how they discover and access exhibition information, but I'd also like to speak with a few librarians who regularly encounter questions regarding past exhibition information.

If you might be willing to speak with me further and exchange a few email on this topic I would be incredibly grateful. Whether you or your library have found solutions for these types of questions, or you've noticed an increase in questions related to exhibitionary histories in recent years, or you've come across an impressive resource that allows for more of a browsing experience / improved discoverability of exhibitions -- I would love to hear from you.

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

All the best,

Calley

--
Calley Morrison | Master of Library and Information Science candidate 2015
University of Washington Information School