Application materials for the ACRL Information Literacy Immersion Program Assessment and Intentional Teaching Tracks are now available.  Applications are due Friday, May 15, 2015.

The Immersion Program allows you to embrace your educational role by embarking on a path of teacher development and pedagogical inquiry in a community of practice for academic librarians devoted to collaborative learning and individual renewal.  The program will be offered in Nashville, Tennessee.  Assessment track dates are November 4-7, 2015; Intentional Teaching track dates are November 4-8, 2015.

Assessment: Demonstrating the Educational Value of the Academic Library Track (November 4-7, 2015) — Discover how to approach assessment from a learning-centered perspective. Participants will emerge with a broader understanding of assessment and how to use assessment as an important tool to guide evidence-based classroom, curriculum and program development.  Learning outcomes include:

I love Immersion. Every program I've gone to has done more to change me in a few days than years of work. Thank you so much!” ~ 2014 Assessment Immersion participant

Intentional Teaching: Reflective Teaching to Improve Student Learning Track (November 4-8, 2015) — Find out how to become more self-aware and self-directed as a teacher.  This track is aimed at the experienced academic librarian (5+ years teaching experience, in a library or other setting) and facilitates the process of critical reflection through peer discussion, readings and personal reflection as a pathway to professional growth and renewal.  Learning outcomes include:

Teachers were all fantastic! Participants were all extraordinary people. Fell in love with everyone. Readings were very informative. Can't wait to go home and read all the books and share them with my colleagues. I'm stoked. Can't wait to go home and teach!” ~ 2014 Intentional Teaching Immersion participant

Visit the Immersion website for complete details about the program, including curriculum details and application instructions. Questions concerning the program or application process should be directed to Margot Conahan at (312) 280-2522 or [log in to unmask].

Megan Lotts, MFA, M.L.I.S
Art Librarian
(848)932-7189
www.meganlotts.com
link to work in RUcore http://soar.libraries.rutgers.edu/bib/Megan_Lotts/
like the Rutgers Art Library facebook page at
www.facebook.com/rutgersartlibrary