On behalf of the ARLIS/NA New England Chapter Board, I am thrilled to announce that Lucretia Baskin is this year's recipient of the Elmar W. Seibel Scholarship<http://newengland.arlisna.org/professional-development/elmar-w-seibel-scholarship/>. Congratulations, Lucretia!

Lucretia is currently working toward her MLIS at Simmons College and is a Simmons College Sharf Fellow at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Her work at the MFA encompasses cataloging and processing projects at the William Morris Hunt library, the W. Van Alan Clark, Jr. Library at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts,  and the Prints, Drawings, and Photographs Department. Lucretia is an art historian and previously completed a cataloging internship at the Clark Art Institute.

Established in 2001, the Elmar W. Seibel Scholarship honors ARLIS/NA New England Chapter Life Member Elmar Seibel, a respected book dealer, bibliographer, curator, and collector. He is founder and president of Boston's Ars Libri Ltd., which since 1976 has been a resource for scholars, librarians, collectors, and artists. The purpose of this award is to support and encourage future art librarians by helping to defray graduate school expenses.

The Seibel Scholarship is made possible through the generous donations of ARLIS/NA New England members. Thank you to our donors, and please join me in congratulating Lucretia!

My best,
Ashley Peterson
President, ARLIS/NA New England Chapter

Ashley  Peterson
SMFA Librarian
School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 617-369-3653
http://library.smfa.edu/
http://www.smfa.edu/