Debby, congratulations on being able to plan for a new library space.  Be sure to review the ARLIS/NA facilities planning book which still has useful information for this process:  Facilities Standards for Art Libraries and Visual Resources Collections.
B.J. Irvine

From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Debby Aframe
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 3:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] library planning

Hello,
  As many of you already know, our Museum acquired the collection of the Higgins Armory Museum last year.  The collection is now temporarily housed in our temporary exhibition space, but as part of the covenant of the acquisition, the collection must have a permanent home by 2019.  The plan is for the arms and armor to permanently reside  in the space now occupied by the library.  As a result, the library must be vacated by October 2017.   When the acquisition was made, there was no plan in place as to where the library and its collection was supposed to go, yet it was stated that the library would remain on the WAM campus.   We are now seriously  talking about the future of the WAM Library and would like to hire a library consultant to help us through this process.   Of course, someone who is familiar with art museum libraries and our special needs would be ideal.   The cost of hiring a consultant is firmly in the budget and we are ready to proceed.  I would greatly welcome any names of library consultants  that you would recommend or any other suggestions you may have.  Any advice is heartily welcomed!
Best Regards,
Debby

Deborah Smock Aframe/ Librarian
direct line: 508.793.4385 or 508.799.4406 x 3106

[Knights-logo-pink]
WORCESTER ART MUSEUM / www.worcesterart.org<http://www.worcesterart.org/>
fifty-five salisbury street / worcester, massachusetts 01609

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>