Dear colleagues,

Below is the agenda for our Collection Development SIG.  I look forward to
seeing many of you there.

My very best ---Paula Gabbard

*Collection Development SIG *ARLIS/NA 2015 Saturday, March 21: 5:00-6:00PM
Room Texas J

Agenda

1 (20 minutes) Born-digital collection development: the role of the library
in distributing (for example, online museum catalogues such as but not at
all exclusively the OSCI project)  (Kathleen Solomon)

(a) Further conversations regarding back lists being published as
online/virtual collections, and how are they being cataloged for libraries.
(Kathleen Solomon)
(b) MMA files sent by Dan Lipcan: could this be a model other institutions
can follow? (Paula Gabbard)

2. (10 minutes) Consider reviving the old collaborative collection
development idea. How can we best pool our knowledge about specialized
vendors, etc?  (Kathleen Solomon)

3. (5 minutes) Those who use OCLC/Worldcat/Firstsearch need to know that
this interface will be retired at the end of the year.  The new version is
to be called “Worldcat Discovery Services.” Basically, this new version
looks like the free Worldcat version.  If your institution is a member of
OCLC, please request the chance to look at this interface.  I spent several
days playing with it and found it to be problematic.  This will affect
workability of SCIPIO too. (Paula Gabbard)

4. (10 minutes) ARLIS/NA Marketplace:  a proposal is being submitted to the
ARLIS/NA Board during this conference. (Paula Gabbard)

5. (4 minutes) ARLIS/NA Blog: There have been 18 posts followed by 135
signees.  We are always seeking submissions, which can be very short (a
paragraph).  We encourage you to speak with your colleagues, interns, and
others to encourage them to submit postings. (Send them to:
[log in to unmask] and/or [log in to unmask] )   (Paula Gabbard)

6. (5 minutes) ARLIS/NA 2016 Session on the present and future of
electronic art books.  Hope to discuss among other things: issues of
format, preservation, the challenges of image copyright.  Are you agreeable
to us sponsoring this proposed session? (Paula Gabbard)

7. (6 minutes) Any issues/announcements from those attending?

--
Paula Gabbard
Fine Arts Librarian