In 2013, The Samuel H. Kress Foundation awarded the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) a six year grant to fund an initiative for international travel to promote the exchange of ideas and information among art librarians. This grant will support bringing select arts information professionals together at annual conferences that will enhance connections that can lead to national and international projects and initiatives. The award will provide funding to assist European librarians and art information professionals to attend the annual conferences of the Art Libraries Society of North America and for ARLIS/NA members to attend the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) and other European art library conferences.

In January, I was happy to announce the names of the ten European art librarians who would travel our Fort Worth conference as well as one who presented at the ARLIS/NA session at CAA. Today, it gives me great pleasure to announce the names of two ARLIS/NA members who will receive 2015 Samuel H. Kress Foundation Awards for International Travel to attend IFLA and a European art library conference.

·       Mary Kandiuk, Visual Arts, Design, and Theatre Librarian/Senior Librarian at York University in Toronto will present a paper “Building success in research and scholarship through peer mentoring” at the IFLA Satellite Meeting in Milnerton, Cape Town, South Africa, August 12-14, sponsored by IFLA’s Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning Section.

·       Anna Perricci, Web Archiving Project Librarian at Columbia University Libraries in New York will present a paper at “Web Archives as Scholarly Sources: Issues, Practices and Perspectives” at the RESAW conference held at Aarhus University in Denmark in June 2015.

On behalf of the Society, I would like to thank the Samuel H. Kress Foundation and Max Marmor, its President, for their ongoing and very generous support of ARLIS/NA. I would also like to thank the other members of the application review panel who worked quickly and diligently to select the recipients of these awards: Sandra Brooke (Princeton University), Carole Ann Fabian (Columbia University and President, ARLIS/NA), Deborah Kempe (Frick Art Reference Library), and Viveca Pattison Robichaud (University of Notre Dame). Congratulations to our Society members Mary and Anna who will represent and promote ARLIS/NA at these international conferences!

Best regards,

Gregory Most

Gregory P. J. Most

Past President

Art Libraries Society of North America

Chair, 2015 Samuel H. Kress Foundation Awards for International Travel Review Panel

Chief, Department of Image Collections

Library

National Gallery of Art

Washington, DC 20565