Dear all interested,

At the Menil Collection we keep our artists’ books in Special Collections.  They are interfiled with other rare material in our locked, environmentally controlled, rare book room, with the exception of a recent bequest of very important artists’ books covering modernist artists from Manet to Rauschenberg and Johns from the collection of a late trustee which are stored in a special, purpose built, locked case in our reading room.  All of them are treated as Special Collections material and must be requested from the librarian for consultation.

Best,

Eric

Eric M. Wolf

Head Librarian