The Rakow Research Library of The Corning Museum of Glass is interested to know how other libraries retain identifying information with rare materials and original artwork. We currently use rare book flags that are barcoded and labeled with location information/call number, author/artist, title, and system number. These archival cardstock slips are inserted within volumes or laid inside any protective housing used (mylar, folders, binders). Sometimes the flags slide out and are misplaced. We are interested to know of other methods used for keeping information with materials that cannot be marked directly on the piece. Please email responses to [log in to unmask].

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Kelly Bliss

Lead Cataloger

The Rakow Research Library