From: Anne Haas <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 12:14 PM
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Jstor and images

Hello collective wisdom,
We are in the process of  looking at our journal dups…what do we have in print that we also have in jstor, and can we get rid of print. Age old question, at least for the past few years. When we did this 5 or 6 yrs ago, I looked at old digital versions of titles, and was reminded of the early digital copies that did not include the color or even black and white images—a blacked out box was sometimes placed where the image was supposed to be.

So, clearly, if that is still the case, we need the print versions to stay—does anyone know if there was a date that Jstor started including all images, or has anyone kept better notes than I did about this issue?

I feel like an idiot for not having made a permanent file of some kind about the dates of those blacked out years, so thought I would see if anyone has a better answer than I do…which is to do it all over again!!

Thanks,
Anne--

Anne B. Haas
Art Librarian