Hi Mary,

We're close to making a decision on an archival management system. Note that we're also concerned about finding a good home for the EAC records we've been developing so that has been part of our evaluation.

We're limiting our final choice to the two widely available open source programs, ASpace and Atom.

Neither supports EAC very well so for the interim we've decided on using Xeac for those records until the system we choose can better support EAC.

Here is a link to our most recent blog post that details our relatively recent status. We expect to have made a decision by the end of March and it will posted on the AMNH HIdden Collections blog as well, so stay tuned!

http://images.library.amnh.org/hiddencollections/2014/11/a-place-for-our-stuff-evaluating-archival-content-management-systems/#more-4782

For more information about Atom, you might also want to have a look at Dumbarton Oaks, who has been using it for some time and just upgraded to the newest version.

Good luck with this.  Exciting times!

Barbara

Barbara Mathé

Museum Archivist and Head of Library Special Collections

American Museum of Natural History

Central Park West at 79 Street

New York, NY 10024

p. 212 769-5419