Dear ARLIS members:

I am hoping to tap into your expertise regarding bookplates. I have been asked by a private collector to affix bookplates to 4,000 volumes, a handful of which are rare books. We have a short amount of time to do this and would like to ask if anyone can give an estimate of how long this might take. 4 weeks, 2 months?
Also, Harvard’s Widener Library has a great bookplate guide available online and recommends using methyl cellulose to affix the plates. Talas sells this in powdered form in 100 gm, 250 gm, and 1 kg sizes. How much powder is needed for a project this size?

Thank you to anyone who can offer advice.

Best,
Caroline
Caroline Gabrielli
The Menil Collection