**please excuse cross-postings**

We are writing to you on behalf of the SAA Museum Archives Section Standards and Best Practices Working Group.  Currently, we are gathering sample documents relating to museum archives outreach activities.  We hope you will consider sharing your institution’s activities with the larger SAA Museum Archives Section.

Examples of possible outreach documents include:

·         Transcripts or outlines for tours that repositories give

·         Examples of promotional brochures

·         Examples of programs the repository puts on for external constituencies such as schools

·         Documentation of exhibitions that museum archives have put on in their museums or on the web

·         Social media projects

·         General descriptions or examples of outreach activities

Please email your documents to Sarah Haug, MAS S&BP Working Group member, at [log in to unmask] by February 19th, 2015. From the documents we gather the Working Group will select several examples to make available to the public on the SAA Museum Archives Section Standards and Best Practices Working Group website.  Please note that not all of the documents we collect will be uploaded to our site; we will be selecting diverse examples to share online and to make available to the public.  It is important to our Working Group that the resources selected for sharing represent different types of museums, from many regions.

Thanks in advance for your willingness to help us build a valuable resource for the museum archives community.

Best wishes,

Barbara Austen, Hillary Bober, Sarah Haug, and Susan Hernandez

SAA Museum Archives Section Standards and Best Practices Working Group members