Not sure if you are looking for a specific art historical period, but...in terms of contemporary and modern stuff, our friends at the Asian Art Archive has made this bibliography page

http://www.aaa.org.hk/Collection/Shortlists/Details/14

Also, art historian Gayatri Sinha has been developing this website Critical Collective that acts as a who's who of Indian artists, curators, collectives as well as a ongoing project of interviews with Indian artists.

http://www.criticalcollective.in/Artist.aspx

best, david