With only three days left for early registration rates for the 43rd Annual ARLIS/NA Conference in Fort Worth, hear what Milan Hughston, of ARLIS/NY and alumnus of ARLIS/Tex...as-Mexico has to say about his former city of Fort Worth:

"It's a cliche, but Texans like me still invoke it: everything's bigger and better in Texas. However, when it comes to museums, Fort Worth does enjoy an out-sized reputation for the remarkable trio of institutions that house world-class art in buildings that are as famous as their contents.

Having spent many years at the Amon Carter Museum before coming to MoMA, I always enjoyed seeing first-time visitor's faces when they encountered paintings that are icons of American art: "I didn't realize that was here!", etc., and echoed down the hill to the Kimbell and the Modern which also have masterpieces of European and modern art, respectively.

Even though they are some special events at the museums during the conference, do plan to spend some extra time strolling around the Cultural District--you'll be tempted to socialize and catch up with colleagues at the events. Communing with fabulous art and architecture is a solitary event, so plan accordingly!

And don't miss this great piece of neon sign art which is not far from the hotel; being given Amon Carter's famous Shady Oak hat made by Peter Bros. was a badge of honor for visiting dignitaries....."

As you clearly do not want to miss visiting this town, register now if you haven't already: https://www.arlisna.org/fortworth2015/reg.php.

And remember, Thursday is the last chance to capture our Early Rates!

Photo: Reflections on Texas and Fort Worth by ARLIS/NA Texas Exes Part II

[...]

Eric M. Wolf

43rd ARLIS/NA Conference Publicity Co-Chair

Eric M. Wolf

Head Librarian

The Menil Collection

1511 Branard Street