Posted on behalf of Catherine Essinger

Visit arlisna.org/fortworth2015<http://arlisna.org/fortworth2015> to register soon!

Come to the lively city of Fort Worth with its progressive buildings and exceptional art collections.  Don’t miss opportunities to hear the latest on the tools, resources, and trends that are of interest to art librarians.  The conference planners have endeavored to build the thematic programming our members requested.

Are you interested in learning more about digital humanities?  It would be hard to avoid it with sessions and workshops scheduled throughout the conference.

Learn about collaborative efforts in web archiving, digitization, image management, and instruction.

Discover how new technology and systems can be used to advance large-scale digitization, enhance cataloging, and streamline rights management.

Find out what other librarians are doing to archive and preserve materials in the digital age.

Improve the user experience at your library after hearing from our panels on privacy issues and customized services for diverse user populations.

Market services better after attending a facilitated discussion on social media.  Find out about innovative services for artists at public libraries.

Take advantage of this exceptional Modernist city with sessions on local art and architecture, walking tours, bus tours, and even a workshop on urban planning with city planners.  See extraordinary collections at the Kimbell, the Modern, the Amon Carter, the DMA, the Nasher, and the Crow.  See truly great architecture, old and new (including LEED-certified).  Visit water gardens and botanic gardens.

Interested in career planning?  We have sessions on mentoring, art scholarship, publishing for librarians.  Attend a free workshop for new librarians and their mentors.

Build better collections after attending sessions on self-published artists’ books, alternative formats, international acquisitions, and electronic resources licensing.  Enjoy a Monday workshop on artists’ books.

Puzzled by copyright?  Our first session brings together copyright scholars to discuss image rights and the CAA’s The Code of Best Practices will be presented before the convocation.

Instruction librarians – punch up your one-shots and library tours after attending our workshop on Friday.  Follow it up with a session on collaborative instruction.

Catalogers – we have a whole flock of cataloging meetings, plus sessions on linked open data, geo-location data, and controlled vocabularies.

Visual resources librarians – enjoy a whole day of image-centric programming with sessions on image recognition technology, image rights, and a workshop on large-scale digitization.

Architecture librarians – tour the iconic architecture of two fine cities, attend an urban planning workshop, listen to scholars discuss the extraordinary museum architecture of Fort Worth.

Museum librarians – be an even greater asset at your institution by helping them manage their assets in our Saturday session.

And just in case you aren’t yet convinced – Fort Worth weather in March is typically dry and in the mid-60’s.  THE MID-60’s!

Register today to lock in early rates. Early registration ends February 5th.

I close with an unsolicited endorsement from a long-time Society member:

"I think this is the best conference schedule I have seen in many years. Topics are very timely and address a wide variety of interests.  You have put together what promises to be a wonderful conference.  The mix of workshops & tours, early & late in the conference offers a lot of choice."  - Jet Prendeville, Architecture and Art Librarian, Rice University

Sincerely yours,
Catherine Essinger,
2015 Programs Committee Co-Chair