Dear ARLIS members,

Please join us tomorrow (Jan. 27) for the first of two webinars with leadership and strategy consultant DeEtta Jones! Tomorrow's webinar focuses on development -- a topic of importance for all librarians, regardless of position or stage of your career.

Colleagues in the northeast, we hope you all stay warm and safe in the coming storm! Please tune in from home if you are able.

You may register for the webinar up to two hours before the event, and a recording will be made available on the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal within the next two weeks.

Development for Librarians with DeEtta Jones

Join us for a webinar on Jan 27, 2015 at 1:00 PM CST.

Register now!

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7284744284418077953

The Education Subcommittee, with the Diversity Committee and the Mentoring Subcommitee, are pleased to present the first of two webinars with leadership and strategy consultant DeEtta Jones.

Libraries are always facing budget pressures. The ability to raise new money to support collections and programs is of strategic importance to every library organization. While many libraries employ a development professional to handle this, it is librarians themselves who are best at selling the value of their library. They are the ones who speak with passion about their work, and can engender passion in supporters. However, most librarians think of development as something they “don’t do,” because they feel unqualified, intimidated, or they see it as someone else’s job. During this live event, participants will learn why development is more than just raising money and is in fact, everyone’s job, and how they can more effectively contribute to the advancement of their library’s mission and goals.

Jones is the Principal of DeEtta Jones and Associates (DJA Consulting) and has more than twenty years of experience working with people from around the world [http://www.deettajones.com/].

Only current ARLIS/NA members may attend this event. Registration will close two hours before the start of the webinar. For assistance, please contact [log in to unmask]. Additional information about webinars is available on the ARLIS/NA website.

This webinar will be recorded, and the video will be made available on the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal within two weeks after the webinar.

By registering, I understand and acknowledge that this Webinar will be recorded by ARLIS/NA and/or those designated by ARLIS/NA. ARLIS/NA may record my name and questions I ask during the course of the Webinar presentation
. As a condition of my participation in the Webinar, I agree to irrevocably grant to ARLIS/NA, its assigns, licensees and successors the right to publish, record, broadcast, exhibit, display, reproduce, edit or otherwise use perpetually throughout the world, in all media now and hereafter known or devised, in whole or in part, my name, questions, quotes and material otherwise provided by me (collectively, the “Material”) during my participation in the Webinar.  I also agree that ARLIS/NA shall be the sole owner in perpetuity of any and all rights in and to any and all works containing the Material, in whole or in part, for all purposes whatsoever and in any manner or media including, without limitation, printed works, compact discs, DVDs, MP3, and computer on line services.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

View System Requirements

--
Alice Whiteside
Reference & Instruction Librarian