Next week Tuesday DeEtta Jones will present a webinar on Development for Librarians. I know that lots of us, myself included, are grateful to the development professionals employed by our libraries, because it means that we can concentrate on what we love about our work. But it's this passion for what we do that actually makes us great spokespeople for our organizations.

Recent articles highlight the importance of development for ALL library professionals, not just those with "development officer" in their titles.

Please join us next week

The Education Subcommittee of the Professional Development Committee (PDC), with the Diversity Committee and the Mentoring Subcommitee of the PDC, will present the first of two webinars with leadership and strategy consultant DeEtta Jones, "

Development for Librarians with DeEtta Jones", on January 27 at 2:00 p.m. EST.

Libraries are always facing budget pressures. The ability to raise new money to support collections and programs is of strategic importance to every library organization. While many libraries employ a development professional to handle this, it is librarians themselves who are best at selling the value of their library. They are the ones who speak with passion about their work, and can engender passion in supporters. However, most librarians think of development as something they “don’t do,” because they feel unqualified, intimidated, or they see it as someone else’s job. During this live event, participants will learn why development is more than just raising money and is in fact, everyone’s job, and how they can more effectively contribute to the advancement of their library’s mission and goals.

Jones is the Principal of DeEtta Jones and Associates (DJA Consulting) and has more than twenty years of experience working with people from around the world.

Current ARLIS/NA members may attend this event. Space is limited. Reserve your webinar seat up until two hours before the start of the webinar. Registrants will receive a confirmation email with information about joining the webinar.

The webinar will be recorded and the video will be made available on the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal within two weeks after the webinar.
-----
Jamie Lausch Vander Broek
Librarian for Art & Design (interim)
Exhibits and Programming Librarian