Dear ARLIS/NA members,

The Mentoring Subcommittee is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 10th Annual Career Mentoring Program. This yearlong program begins with a workshop at the Fort Worth conference and continues until the 2016 Seattle conference. Our program has matched dozens of art library professionals in successful mentoring relationships and contributes to the wonderful bonds of cordial collegiality for which the Society is known.

2015-16 ARLIS/NA Career Mentoring Program Application

What is the program?

The Mentoring Subcommittee matches mentor and mentee applicants for a year-long partnership that begins at a training workshop in Fort Worth on Friday, March 20th from 8am-12pm. (Mentors only attend the second half of the workshop.) Pairs communicate monthly on a range of topics that interest them. The Mentoring Subcommittee will be in regular contact with pairs throughout the program, and are always ready to mediate any concerns.

Who should participate?

You! Whether you’re just entering the profession, are a mid-career professional or a seasoned librarian, we encourage all career levels to participate. We believe everyone has something to offer the program. We especially encourage mid-career professionals to participate as mentees and mentors (you can do both!).

What’s the benefit of being a mentor?

Many people have had a professional or personal mentor at some point of their career and find the experience of “paying it forward” to be its own reward. Mentors often comment on learning about new trends in the profession from their mentees and enjoy sharing in their enthusiasm. By discussing their experiences with newer professionals, mentors contribute to the stewardship and health of the ARLIS/NA Society.

Details:

The application deadline is Sunday, February 9, 2015.

Notification of acceptance and assignment of mentoring pairs will be made by Monday, February 23, 2015.

Due to the popularity of the year-long program only a limited number of mentoring pairs can be accommodated, so please apply promptly.

http://tinyurl.com/podzs3n

For more information, contact the Mentoring Subcommittee at [log in to unmask].

Sincerely,

The ARLIS/NA Mentoring Subcommittee

Meghan Peterson

Jessica Shaykett