You may not know all the ARLIS/NA members with Texas in their past. Part one in our series of Reflections on Fort Worth and Texas from Texas Exes comes from ARLIS New York and ARLIS Upstate New York stalwart Sherman Clarke. Having worked at the Amon Carter Museum, he has great first-hand knowledge of the site of our conference. Here is what he has to say:

"The Kimbell may get most of the news but my favorite Fort Worth museum is the Amon Carter. This isn't solely because of having worked there in the early 1990s. The art works in the collection are superb: the drawings and works on paper are my favorites. And great paintings too. The Modern has a nice new building by Tadao Ando but its earlier building by Herbert Bayer, completed 1954, is a fine monument of its day. The Modern's art collection is also first-rate. 2015 conference attendees are in for some real joy in viewing the collections of the three art museums that are located cheek-by-jowl in the Museum District of Fort Worth." For more on the Amon Carter Museum of American Art, check out their website: http://www.cartermuseum.org/

Further ruminations on Texas can be found on Sherman's blog here:http://shermaniablog.blogspot.com/…/thinking-about-solo-chr…

If you haven't yet registered, be sure to before early rates end on February 5th: http://www.arlisna.org/fortworth2015/reg.php

And stay tuned for more reports from Texas Exes; and don't forget to ask them all about Fort Worth at your next Chapter Event!

Eric Wolf

Fort Worth Conference Publicity Co-Chair

Eric M. Wolf

Head Librarian

The Menil Collection

1511 Branard Street