Hello dear Arlisians,

Many of you are already aware of this but the ARLIS/NA DC-MD-VA Chapter is now the ARLIS/NA Mid-Atlantic Chapter! Our name change was approved earlier this year.  This puts us into alignment with chapters from other professional organizations and allows us to strongly welcome those from the now defunct Delaware Valley Chapter. We look forward to holding a meeting north of Maryland in the near future.

We were a little busy with the DC conference this year, but we have now switched our names in the appropriate places and have a redesigned website: http://arlisnamidatlantic.org/ . Many thanks to Chapter Officers Tessa Brawley-Barker, Roger Lawson, and Nick Curotto on completing all these detailed tasks.

I would also like to remind ARLIS/NA members that you can purchase ARLIS/NA related items on our Cafe Press site: http://www.cafepress.com/arlis . All proceeds from the shop go towards the Chapter's Caroline Backlund Professional Development Travel Award.

Finally, if anyone is near DC later this month, you are welcome to attend our holiday party at Past President Gregg Most’s house. Details here: http://arlisnamidatlantic.org/meetings/upcoming-meetings/chapter-fundraising-party-december-18-2014/

It’s been a wonderful 2014! Looking forward to seeing you all in Fort Worth in 2015!

Heather Slania

Director of the Betty Boyd Dettre Library and Research Center

ARLIS/NA Mid-Atlantic Chapter Chair

National Museum of Women in the Arts

1250 New York Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20005

(202) 266-2807

Follow us: NMWA Broad Strokes Blog Facebook Twitter