The recent webinar Institutional Advocacy & Demonstrating the Value of Art Libraries is now available to watch on the ARLIS Learning Portal. Free for members, $30 for non-members

https://www.pathlms.com/arlisna

In a challenging environment for libraries of all stripes, how can art
librarians advocate for the importance of our libraries and services? This
webinar will discuss what we can do to strengthen our libraries, including
how we communicate their value, demonstrate their importance, and assess
their impact. Past ALA president Patricia Glass Schuman will discuss her
nationally recognized work on library advocacy. Librarians Cynthia Frank
and Patricia Cossard from the University of Maryland will present their
ongoing efforts to prevent the closure of both the art and the architecture
libraries there. Patrick Tomlin, chair of the ARLIS/NA Public Policy
Committee, will discuss the group’s work to promote advocacy.

This Webinar is a joint presentation of the Professional Development
Education Subcommittee and the Public Policy Committee

Best,
Alex

Alexander Watkins

Assistant Professor / Art & Architecture Librarian

University of Colorado Boulder