Hello all – in the past I’ve seen postings on this list about whether it makes sense to continue paying the costly annual access fee for ArtStor when there are so many options for high quality images freely available on the Internet. On our campus we have seen usage decline over the past several years despite my efforts to promote it.  Recently our Collection Development committee decided to use the coming subscription year to notify campus that we need to see usage increase or it may be cut next renewal time. Are other campuses having this conversation too? If so, what have you been hearing?

Thanks much, Kristen

Kristen Borysewicz
Reference and Research Services
701.777.4647
Art, Theatre, Music, English, Communication
3051 University Ave Stop 9000
Chester Fritz Library
University of North Dakota
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9000